Friday, July 4, 2008

From Heller to Kathmandu

So now that I've finished my first year of grad school at Heller, it's on to my second year internship. After months (seriously... MONTHS) of looking for an internship in Nepal, I finally found one. :) I'll be in Kathmandu for 7 months working for an NGO that creates and broadcasts social development radio programming for children and youth in Nepal. Hopefully this will get me started towards creating children's media in the developing world. Secret dream (okay, maybe not so secret)... working at Sesame Workshop to bring Sesame Street to Uzbekistan and/or Nepal.

Anyway, I'll be using this blog to keep everyone up-to-date about my new life in Nepal. It'll be a lot easier to keep up with friends and family this time overseas now that I have my laptop and a better camera. So stay tuned and keep reading...

2 comments:

joy said...

Wait. Kathmandu's a real place?

No. Wait. I'm thinking of Shang-ri-la.

Bill said...

This is great Julie! I am very happy for you and can't wait to hear about the adventures that are in store for you. Be safe.