Friday, November 28, 2008

We Interrupt Our Regular Programming… Julie on the Radio!

I'm still working on my post about my trek in Nepal... but since I'm back at work a lot of cool things have been happening. I've been writing proposals for the past 2 weeks and going back and forth with UNICEF staff over the sports project. In the meantime, Equal Access, my organizaiton has thrown together an exciting charity event for this weekend - a football match to benefit children living with HIV and AIDS. This is also a great way to gear up our listeners for our new sports development project. To get the word out about the match, the SSMK team recorded a PSA/event announcement to be broadcast on FM radio here in Nepal. They recorded an English and Nepali version and asked ME (!!) to record a couple of lines for the English version!! :)


It was my first time in a recording studio (we have one here in-house) and to be honest, I was a bit nervous as I don't like my voice in real life and didn't want to hear it on playback. It took all of about 20 minutes to record... most of which was spent with me messing up and being asked to deliver "more energy". These guys are complete pros, though, and I'm happy they asked me to be a part of it. Thanks to Binayak (the ultimate and coolest radio techie), Kaustuv, Ayush, and Rabindra and the rest of the SSMK team for letting me play!! :) And thanks to Equal Access and the SSMK team for letting me post it... if you're in the KTM area this Saturday (29 Nov 2008), come to the match!

English.mp3

Yes that's me saying "Teaming up to fight AIDS!" and "Tickets available at all..."

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Julie!

Gordon said...

I guess we are both media stars in Asia...maybe you can get your own tv show like me

julie said...

yes, but one of us has proof... and the other has not. ;)

Gordon said...

my proof was in the smiles that i brought to the children

julie said...

how do i know you didn't bribe those children???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ama said...

Very cool Julie!

Anonymous said...

So you are also a blogger? It is a nice blog....
Brabim

joy said...

Yay for Julie radio! Although, Theresa's husband wanted to know if you knew there were radio stations here at home to work at. Hahahahah.

Panther said...

Julie, why didn't you inform me of your blog??? I love you blog!! How are you doing?