Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Pets

So in my new room (pictures coming soon) I discovered Annapurna and Everest... two geckos that live in my room. Don't get me wrong, I like geckos. I'm actually fine with most creepy crawlies and bugs and animals. Okay, maybe not cockroaches, but who likes them anyway. Geckos, though? Eat all the mosquitoes you want. I'm happy to have you! We've got this unsaid agreement (well, maybe I said it out loud, but it looked like they understood)... geckos stay on the walls and not on my bed. Or in my clothes.

I mean, really, do you want to wake up in the middle of the night staring into a beady pair of gecko eyes? No thanks. So hopefully, Annapurna (she's the smaller of the two) and Everest (obviously, the bigger one) will stick to the agreement. Otherwise... maybe you'll hear me screaming wherever you may be. :)

I'll try to post a pic of my new friends once I see them again. I guess it's better than me petting the mangy street dogs.

6 comments:

jen said...

Ew. Ew ew ew ew ew.

joy said...

But do they have English accents?

julie said...

oddly enough, they don't have english accents. these ones are definitely nepali.

Anonymous said...

Here's hoping they're cooperative. :)

Beth said...

We have geckos here in Senegal, too. I love them. They eat all the bad bugs. Also, sometimes they work out and do "push ups." Have you seen that yet?

Ujwal said...

Be careful with their tail though! its very tender..