Monday, September 29, 2008

To Tide You Over...

So I just got back from the field (Hetauda) and am working on my post about it... until then, here's some pictures to look at from around KTM. :)

Patan Durbar Square (about a 10 minute walk from my house)



My new room (Libby's old room - THANKS!)





My pets: Everest and Annapurna


Swayambunath - the Monkey Temple


A monkey at Swayambunath



Views of KTM valley from Swayambunath (it must look awesome on a sunny day!)






Sleeping God Statue in Balaju Park

2 comments:

Ujwal said...

Great pictures! still want to hear more from Hetauda.

Erin Ellenburg said...

That's a great statue - even gods need to catch a nap now and again. :) With that comment I'm sure I just insulted and belittled thousands-of-years-old religious and cultural traditions, but, hey, I'm American, and that's what we do. We're mavericks.

Seriously, though, folks. The photos rock.